- MA in Library Science, University of Minnesota, 1981
- BA in Geography, University of Minnesota, 1978
- Exhibit Curator, “Maryland from the Willard Hackerman Map Collection”, George Peabody Library (2018 – 2019)
- “Developing Library Programs and Services Using Geospatial Data” (2017) at Bridging the Spectrum Symposium in Washington, DC.
- “Maps for a Digital Age” (2016) At the Special Libraries Association annual conference in Philadelphia.
- “GIS in the Hands of Future Librarians” (2016) At the Virginia Library Association annual conference in Hot Springs, VA.
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Library and Information Science, Catholic University of America (1996 – present)
- Member, GeoTech Committee, American Library Association, Map and Geospatial Information Roundtable (2017 – present)
- Member, Maryland Geological Survey, Data Preservation Advisory Panel (2015 – present)
- Member, Advisory Council, GIS Program, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, Johns Hopkins University (2008 – present)