Borrow Direct, returning on September 18, offers JHU users access to the library collections of partner universities. Once you’ve requested materials, expect them within 2 to 3 weeks. As libraries rejoin the lending network, we expect quicker turnaround times.
Requests for Interlibrary Loan electronic articles continue to be fulfilled. Delays in borrowing may occur. Requests for physical materials may still be submitted, but will only be filled if a digital copy is available. Contact email@example.com with questions about requests.
For info on how to return books, check the Returning to Research page.
Any questions about books or materials you have checked out can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Request Service
Johns Hopkins students, faculty, and staff may request and pick up books from the Milton S. Eisenhower Library. Turnaround time for this service will take approximately 2 weeks.
Only books owned by the Johns Hopkins Libraries are available for this service, as getting physical books through Borrow Direct and Interlibrary Loan remain suspended until further notice.
Please send any questions or feedback to email@example.com.
Step 1: Place items on hold
- Search the Library’s catalog for titles of interest.
- Use your JHED ID and password to login and place requests, selecting your preferred pickup locations. MSEL will require you to schedule a pickup appointment.
Step 2: Wait for notification, then reserve a pickup day
- You will receive a notice by email when your items are available for pickup with a link to register for an appointment to to pick up your items.
- MSE Library staff will bag your items in a paper bag labeled with your name and placed in the east entrance of the MSE Library on your scheduled pickup day.
Step 3: At the scheduled date, pick up your items at MSE Library
- When you arrive, maintain at least 6 feet of social distance from others. Face coverings are required.
- If you notice another person in the entrance, please remain outside until the previous person has departed.
- Grab your bags and take them with you – the items have been checked out to you.