Borrowing print materials has been suspended until June 29, 2020. See below for more information.
Requests for Interlibrary Loan electronic articles continue to be fulfilled. Delays in borrowing may occur. Requests for physical materials may still be submitted, but will only be filled if a digital copy is available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about requests.
Requesting materials from BorrowDirect libraries has been suspended. For questions, contact email@example.com.
For info on how to return books, check the Libraries COVID-19 Updates page.
Any questions about books or materials you have checked out can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Request Service
Beginning Monday, June 29, Johns Hopkins students, faculty, and staff may request and pick up books from the Milton S. Eisenhower Library. Turnaround time for this service may take longer than usual.
Only books owned by the Johns Hopkins Libraries are available for this service, as getting physical books through Borrow Direct and interlibrary loan remain suspended until further notice.
Please send any questions or feedback to email@example.com.
To request books
- Log in to Catalyst using your JHED.
- Search for the title in the catalog.
- Select the “Request” button.
- Choose the location where you want to pick up your books.
Johns Hopkins affiliates may pick up books at the MSE Library (Homewood), the Welch Medical Library (East Baltimore), or Mason Library at SAIS (DC). Only Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) staff may pick up books at APL.
- You will receive a confirmation of your request.
To pick up books from MSE Library
- You will receive an email notification when your books are ready for pick up.
- Books may be picked up 9am–2pm Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from the Library’s east entrance on the Beach at 3400 N. Charles Street.
- Enter the Library through the door marked “Entrance.” Locate the bag with your name on a book truck parked in the vestibule. Leave through the door marked “Exit.”
- All JHU students, staff, and faculty must adhere to Library staff directions, maintain at least 6 feet of social distance, and wear a mask