Search for books, music, films, and more from JHU and other libraries
Position: Senior Data Management Consultant
- Terminal degree (MLS, PhD)
MLIS, University of California, Los Angeles, 2009
PhD in Sociology, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara, 2005
- Other degrees
BA in Sociology & Human Development, Colby College, 1989
- Fearon, D. (2017) “Expanding Data Management Service Boundaries at Johns Hopkins University,” at the 9th Annual University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium, Worcester MA.
- Fearon, D. (2013) “Two tools for supporting research data management plans: one for the grant proposal writer and another for the proposal’s reviewer” at the International Digital Curation Conference, Amsterdam.
- Fearon, D. (2017) “Data as intellectual property” at the Research Data Access & Preservation Summit. Seattle, WA.
- Fearon, D. and Darragh, J. (2015) “Training for de-identifying human subjects data for sharing: a viable library service” at the International Association for Social Science, Information Science and Technology Meeting in Minneapolis
- Fearon, David (2015) Origin and Development of Johns Hopkins Data Management Services at the 7th Annual University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium, Worcester MA.
- Fearon, D.S., Gunia, B., Lake, S., Pralle, B. E. & Sallans, A. L. SPEC Kit 334: Research Data Management Services. Association of Research Libraries. 2013. https://publications.arl.org/Research-Data-Management-Services-SPEC-Kit-334/Chapters
- Fearon, D., Boehm, R. “Addressing the Gaps in Data Archiving for Large-Scale Computing Research at the Academic Research Institution.” Research Data Management Implementations Workshop. 2017. https://rdmi.uchicago.edu/papers/08252017121920_paperFearon082517.pdf.
- 2014-2016 Special Librarians Association (SLA)
- 2013, 2015 International Association for Social Science Information Service and Technology (IASSIST)