Last updated March 9, 12:15pm
Physical Locations & Research Spaces
Phase 2 Hours
|Milton S. Eisenhower Library & Brody Learning Commons||M-F 8:30am-10pm, S-S 10am-10pm. Active J-Card required.|
|Hutzler Reading Room||M-F 7am-10pm, S-S 8am-10pm. Active J-Card required.|
|Quiet Reading Room in Brody||Seat reservation required.|
|Special Collections Reading Room in Brody||MWF 9am-2pm by appointment, JHU faculty and students only.|
|Restricted Data Room in MSEL||Faculty and graduate students may contact Data Services to schedule an appointment.|
|BLC Café (Daily Grind Homewood)||Starting 3/15/21: Online orders for grab-and-go only, via blccafe.com. All food and drinks must be consumed outside of library buildings, including the café.|
Please become familiar with our Phase 2 policies and procedures before you visit the library:
- Green campus pass is required. All affiliates coming to campus should have a green pass from the Prodensity app for the day of their visit.
- J-Card is required. You must have an active J-Card ID to swipe and enter entrance doors and turnstiles, and to pick up orders from the BLC Café. Single-direction signage and exclusive entrance and exits to library buildings must be followed.
- Capacity will be limited to promote physical distancing. Density sensors have been installed to monitor occupancy in real-time. Occupancy tracking will be displayed on the Sheridan Libraries website and on digital signage throughout the buildings. Entry will be denied when the limit is reached, except for faculty and students who:
- have a short-term reservation for a study room, a seat in the Quiet Reading Room, or use of a public printer;
- have an assigned office or study carrel;
- are attending an academic class held in the library; or
- have a reservation to visit the Special Collections Reading Room or use the Restricted Data Room.
- Face coverings are required at all times. Library spaces will be monitored by university safety ambassadors for compliance with COVID-19 campus safety guidance—wearing face coverings, maintaining physical distance, implementing proper hygiene practices, and following Prodensity health assessment and testing requirements.
- Seating has been reduced and spaced to adhere to distancing requirements. Study rooms and Quiet Reading Room seating require a reservation; all other seats are available on a first come, first served basis. Furniture may NOT be rearranged.
- Eating and drinking are NOT permitted. Water fountains may not be used. Items purchased from library vending machines must be consumed outside.
- Public equipment has been reduced and may require a reservation. Learn more.